An IIPM Initiative
Friday, August 23, 2019
 
 

2 die due to electrocution in Rajasthan

 

AGENCIES | Jaipur, March 19, 2012 20:29
Tags : Electrocuted | death | hospitals | severe burn injuries | Rajasthan | live high-tension | wires |
 

At least two people were electrocuted to death and 10 others admitted to hospitals with severe burn injuries in Rajasthan when the bus they were travelling in came in contact with live high-tension overhead wires Monday morning, police said. 

The incident took place in Jaipur district's Chaksu area around 9.30 a.m. on Monday.

People in over 100 buses were travelling from Rajasthan's Baran district to Jaipur in support of the former Rajasthan minister, Pramod Jain Bhaya, who had recently been removed from the cabinet by chief minister Ashok Gehlot in a reshuffle in November last year, police added.

"There were around 40 passengers in the bus when it came in contact with the live overhead wires," a senior police officer told IANS. 

"Two of them died of burn injuries on the spot. Four are still undergoing treatment, while six others were discharged after primary treatment," said the officer. 

The deceased has been identified as Ramkalyan Mogya, 40, and Vimal Chand Bairwa, 35, both residents of Baran.
 

Rate this article:
Bad Good    
Current Rating 0
 
 
Post CommentsPost Comments




Issue Dated: Feb 5, 2017